Generic Name and Formulations:
Lipase/protease/amylase; 4000Units/8000Units/8000Units, 13800Units/27600Units/27600Units, 20700Units/41400Units/41400Units, 23000Units/46000Units/46000Units; del-rel caps; e-c minitabs in caps.
Indications for ULTRESA:
Treatment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency due to cystic fibrosis, or other conditions.
Adults and Children:
Start at the lowest recommended dose and increase gradually. Individualize based on clinical symptoms, the degree of steatorrhea present, and the fat content of the diet. Swallow whole; do not crush or chew caps. May mix contents with applesauce or other acidic soft food (pH≤ 4.5); swallow mixture immediately, follow with water or juice; take with meals; do not let any drug remain in mouth. ≤12mos: 4000 lipase units per 120mL of formula or per breastfeeding; give prior to each feeding, do not mix directly. >12mos–<4yrs: initially 1000 lipase units/kg per meal. ≥4yrs: initially 500 lipase units/kg per meal. Max (>12mos): 2500 lipase units/kg per meal (or ≤10000 lipase units/kg/day), or <4000 lipase units/g fat ingested/day. See full labeling.
Not interchangeable with other pancrelipase products. Fibrosing colonopathy (with high doses); risk of stricture formation (monitor). Pork allergy. Potential viral transmission. Gout. Renal impairment. Hyperuricemia. Contents irritating to oral mucosa. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Pancreatic enzymes (porcine).
Headache, pharyngolaryngeal pain, epistaxis; allergic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML