Generic Name and Formulations:
Alfuzosin (as HCl) 10mg; ext-rel tabs.
Covis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for UROXATRAL:
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Limitations Of use:
Not for use in children or for the treatment of hypertension.
Swallow whole. Take immediately after same meal each day. 10mg once daily.
Concomitant potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir). Moderate or severe hepatic insufficiency.
Not for use in women. Discontinue if angina develops or worsens. Severe renal insufficiency (CrCl <30mL/min). Hypotension. Mild hepatic impairment. History of QT interval prolongation. Exclude prostate cancer prior to initiation. Cataract surgery (intraoperative floppy iris syndrome possible). Pregnancy (Cat.B).
See Contraindications. Do not use with other α-blockers. Increased hypotension with concomitant nitrates, PDE5 inhibitors, other antihypertensives. Potentiates and is potentiated by cimetidine. Potentiates cardiovascular effects of atenolol. Caution with drugs that prolong QT interval.
Dizziness, upper respiratory tract infection, headache, fatigue; postural hypotension, syncope; rare: priapism.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Light Therapy May Prevent Depression During Hospitalization Post-Transplant in Multiple Myeloma
- Re-treatment With Checkpoint Inhibitors in Some Patients with NSCLC May Be Feasible
- TNFi Not Linked to Increased Risk for Cancer Recurrence in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- IL-23 Drives Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Immediate Instillation of Mitomycin C Post-TURBT May Benefit All Patients with Bladder Cancer