URSO FORTE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ursodiol 500mg; scored tabs.
Indications for URSO FORTE:
Primary biliary cirrhosis.
Take with food. 13–15mg/kg per day in 2–4 divided doses.
Complete biliary obstruction.
Variceal bleeding, hepatic encephalopathy, ascites, and/or need for an urgent liver transplant: give appropriate specific treatment. Monitor liver function and bilirubin monthly for 3 months after starting therapy, then every 6 months thereafter; consider discontinuing if levels increase significantly with history of stable liver function. Monitor and maintain bile flow. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Reduced absorption with bile acid sequestrants (eg, cholestyramine, colestipol), and aluminum-containing antacids. Estrogens, oral contraceptives, clofibrate, other lipid-lowering drugs may reduce effectiveness of ursodiol by increasing hepatic cholesterol secretion.
Abdominal discomfort or pain, alopecia, diarrhea, nausea, pruritus, rash, leukopenia, elevated creatinine or blood glucose, thrombocytopenia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma