Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 0.75%; vaginal gel; contains parabens.
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for VANDAZOLE:
One applicatorful once daily at bedtime, or twice daily, for 5 days.
Pre-menarchal: not recommended.
Discontinue if abnormal neurological signs develop. CNS or hepatic disease. Do not have vaginal intercourse or use tampons or douches during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant alcohol. Do not give within 2 weeks of disulfiram (possible psychotic reactions). May potentiate oral anticoagulants, lithium. May be potentiated by cimetidine. May interfere with serum chemistry tests.
Fungal infection, headache, pruritus, abdominal pain, GI upset, dysmenorrhea, pharyngitis.
Gel—70g (w. applicators)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma