Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis A vaccine, inactivated 25Units per 0.5mL (pediatric/adolescent), or 50Units per 1mL (adult); susp for IM inj; aluminum adsorbed; preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for VAQTA:
Hepatitis A immunization.
≥19 yrs: 1mL IM at elected date and booster dose (1mL IM) 6–18 months later.
<12 months: not recommended. 1–18 yrs: 0.5mL IM at elected date and booster dose (0.5mL IM) 6–18 months later.
Have epinephrine (1:1000) available. Latex allergy. Inject into deltoid muscle, preferably at least 2 weeks before expected exposure. If given with immune globulin, use separate syringe and different site. Fever. Malignancies. Immunocompromised (may have suboptimal response). Bleeding disorders. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressives may reduce efficacy. Concomitant vaccines, immune globulins: see literature.
Injection site reactions (esp. pain, tenderness), headache, fever, GI upset, myalgia, abdominal pain, rash, pharyngitis and other upper respiratory tract effects.
Prefilled syringes (0.5mL, 1mL)—1, 5; Single-dose vials (0.5mL)—1, 10; Single-dose vials (1mL)—1, 5, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib