Generic Name and Formulations:
Icosapent ethyl 0.5g, 1g; soft gelatin caps.
Amarin Pharma Inc.
Indications for VASCEPA:
Adjunct to diet to reduce triglyceride (TG) levels in adult patients with severe (≥500mg/dL) hypertriglyceridemia. Limitations of use: The effect of Vascepa on the risk for pancreatitis in patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia has not been determined. The effect of Vascepa on cardiovascular mortality and morbidity in patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia has not been determined.
Swallow whole. Do not crush, dissolve, or chew. 4 caps (0.5g) or 2 caps (1g) twice daily with food; maximum 4g per day.
Obtain baseline lipids before initiating therapy. Identify other causes of high triglycerides and manage appropriately (eg, diabetes, hypothyroidism, or alcohol intake). Hepatic impairment; monitor ALT and AST levels periodically during therapy. Fish and/or shellfish allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Monitor periodically with concomitant drugs that affect coagulation (eg, antiplatelet agents).
Hepatic. <99% protein bound.
Caps 0.5g—240; 1g—120
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Larotrectinib: Promising for All TRK-Positive Tumors
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy
- Modified XELIRI Yields Similar Outcomes to FOLFIRI in Metastatic CRC
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations