Generic Name and Formulations:
Sucroferric oxyhydroxide 500mg; chew tabs.
Fresenius Medical Care North America
Indications for VELPHORO:
For control of serum phosphorus levels in patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis.
Chew, do not swallow whole. Take with meals. Initially 500mg 3 times daily; monitor serum phosphorus levels and titrate dose in decrements or increments of 500mg/day as needed until acceptable serum phosphorus level reached. May titrate as often as weekly.
GI, hepatic, or iron accumulation disorders; monitor effect and iron homeostasis. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
Separate dosing of doxycycline, acetylsalicylic acid, cephalexin by ≥1hr before Velphoro; levothyroxine by ≥4hrs before. Concomitant drugs with narrow therapeutic index; monitor.
Discolored feces, diarrhea, nausea.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Ketogenic Diet as an Adjunct to Cancer Treatment
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Oncology Expected to Make Regulatory Waves
- Blinatumomab-Ponatinib Salvage Therapy in B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Case Report of Benefit
- FDA Provides Update on Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Nivolumab-Ipilimumab Survival Benefit in Advanced RCC Confirmed
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Adding Chemotherapy to Radiation Post-Radical Cystectomy Improves Survival in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radiation, Chemotherapy Not Beneficial in Localized Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer