Generic Name and Formulations:
Patiromer 8.4g, 16.8g, 25.2g; per pkt; pwd for oral susp.
Indications for VELTASSA:
Limitations Of use:
Not for emergency treatment for life-threatening hyperkalemia due to its delayed onset of action.
Give at least 3hrs before or 3hrs after other oral medications. Take with food. Initially 8.4g once daily. Adjust dose in 8.4g increments as needed at ≥1-week intervals to obtain desired serum potassium target range; max 25.2g/day.
Monitor serum potassium, magnesium. Consider magnesium supplementation if low serum levels develop. Severe constipation, bowel obstruction or impaction, abnormal post-op bowel motility disorders; avoid.
May reduce absorption and efficacy of other oral medications; separate dosing by at least 3hrs.
Constipation, hypomagnesemia, diarrhea, nausea, abdominal discomfort, flatulence.
Single-use packets (8.4g)—4, 30; (16.8g, 25.2g)—30
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy