Generic Name and Formulations:
Iloprost 10mcg/mL, 20mcg/mL; soln for inhalation using I-neb or Prodose AAD System; preservative-free.
Indications for VENTAVIS:
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (WHO Group I) in patients with NYHA Class III or IV symptoms to improve exercise ability and delay clinical worsening.
Initially 2.5mcg, if tolerated, uptitrate to 5micrograms 6–9 times daily based on tolerability (no more than every 2 hrs); max 45mcg/day. Monitor vital signs while initiating therapy. Hepatic impairment: consider increasing dosing interval (eg, 3–4 hours) between doses.
Do not start therapy if systolic BP <85 mmHg. Discontinue immediately if pulmonary edema occurs (may indicate pulmonary venous hypertension). Bleeding disorders. Avoid contact with eyes and skin, oral ingestion. COPD. Severe asthma. Acute pulmonary infections. Hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates hypotensive effect of vasodilators and antihypertensives. May potentiate anticoagulants. Do not mix with other drugs.
Vasodilation, increased cough, headache, lockjaw, insomnia, GI upset, hypotension, flu syndrome, back pain, abnormal lab tests (eg, increased GGT, alkaline phosphatase), tongue pain, palpitations, syncope, muscle cramps, hemoptysis, pneumonia, CHF, chest pain, supraventricular tachycardia, dyspnea, peripheral edema, kidney failure.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML