Generic Name and Formulations:
Rimexolone 1%; oph susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for VEXOL:
Post-op inflammation. Anterior uveitis.
Post-op: 1–2 drops into conjunctival sac(s) 4 times daily; start 24 hrs after surgery and continue through 1st 2 weeks post-op. Uveitis: 1–2 drops into the conjunctival sac(s) every hour while awake for 1st week, then 1 drop every 2 hrs while awake for 2nd week, then taper until resolved.
Epithelial herpes simplex keratitis and other viral infections including vaccinia, varicella. Ocular mycobacterial, fungal, or untreated purulent infections.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Monitor intraocular pressure. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Blurred vision, discharge, discomfort, ocular pain, increased intraocular pressure, foreign body sensation, hyperemia, pruritus; may mask secondary ocular infections; ocular hypertension/glaucoma, optic nerve damage, defects in visual acuity and visual fields, posterior subcapsular cataract formation, superinfection possible with prolonged use.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma