Generic Name and Formulations:
Elosulfase alfa 1mg/mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for VIMIZIM:
Mucopolysaccharidosis type IVA (MPS IVA; Morquio A syndrome).
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not established. Give by IV infusion over 3.5–4.5 hours based on infusion volume. ≥5yrs: 2mg/kg once weekly. Pre-treat with antihistamines with or without antipyretics 30–60 mins prior to infusion.
Risk of serious anaphylactic reactions; observe patients during and after administration. Have epinephrine inj available. Discontinue immediately if severe hypersensitivity reactions occur. Acute febrile or respiratory illness; evaluate clinical status prior to therapy and consider delaying infusion. Risk of sleep apnea; consider evaluating airway patency prior to initiation. Have supplemental oxygen or continuous positive airway pressure available. Monitor for signs/symptoms of spinal or cervical cord compression. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers.
Hydrolytic lysosomal glycosaminoglycan (GAG)-specific enzyme.
Pyrexia, vomiting, headache, nausea, abdominal pain, chills, fatigue; sleep apnea, anaphylaxis, possible antibody formation.
To enroll in the Morquio A Registry for monitoring effects of Vimizim contact MARS@bmrn.com or call (800) 983-4587.
Single-use vial (5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma