Generic Name and Formulations:
Von Willebrand Factor/Factor VIII Complex (human); 500 IU VWF:RCo and 500 IU FVIII activities per 5mL; 1000 IU VWF:RCo and 1000 IU FVIII activities per 10mL; pwd for IV injection after reconstitution; preservative-free; solvent-detergent treated.
Indications for WILATE:
On-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes in patients with von Willebrand disease (VWD). Perioperative management of bleeding in patients with VWD.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of hemophilia A.
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: contact manufacturer. Give by IV injection at 2–4mL/min. ≥5yrs: Minor bleed: 20–40 IU/kg once, then 20–30 IU/kg every 12–24 hours as needed. Major bleed: 40–60 IU/kg once, then 20–40 IU/kg every 12–24 hours as needed. Surgery (give loading dose within 3hrs before); Minor: 30–60 IU/kg once, then 15–30 IU/kg every 12–24 hours; Major: 40–60 IU/kg once, then 20–40 IU/kg every 12–24 hours. Monitor and adjust according to VWF:RCo and FVIII activity, and location of bleed; usual treatment duration is 3 days (minor hemorrhage, minor surgery), 5–7 days (major hemorrhage), or ≥6 days (major surgery). See full labeling.
Treatment should be supervised by physician trained in coagulopathies. Risk of thrombotic events with sustained excessive FVIII levels; monitor. Ineffectiveness may indicate antibody formation; discontinue if confirmed. Risk of transmission of blood-borne diseases; consider vaccination against hepatitis A and B. Monitor pulse during injection; slow or stop infusion if marked increase in heart rate occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Coagulation factor complex.
Urticaria, dizziness, hypersensitivity reactions; antibody formation.
Kit—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib