XYLOCAINE MPF INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine HCl 5mg/mL, 10mg/mL, 15mg/mL, 20mg/mL, 40mg/mL; soln.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for XYLOCAINE MPF INJECTION:
Local or regional anesthesia for infiltration and nerve block (see literature).
See literature for recommended dosages based on procedures. Epidural anesthesia: administer test dose first; monitor for CNS or cardiovascular toxicity. For all procedures: Max total dose: 4.5mg/kg not to exceed 300mg; epidural or caudal anesthesia should not be administered at intervals <90 minutes. Paracervical block: max 200mg total per 90 minute period. Elderly, debilitated, acutely ill (eg, cardiac or liver disease): reduce dose.
<3yrs: individualize based on weight and age. >3yrs: usual max dose: 1.5–2mg/lb. See literature for dosages specific to procedures.
To be administered under the supervision of experienced clinicians. Have intubation, artificial respiration, oxygen therapy and reversal agents available. Intra-articular infusions: not recommended. Avoid intravascular inj. Avoid methylparaben with spinal or epidural anesthesia. Monitor cardiovascular and respiratory vital signs. Severe shock. Heart block. Neurological disease. Spinal deformities. Septicemia. Severe hypertension. Hepatic disease. Impaired cardiovascular function. Malignant hyperthermia. Head and neck administration. Labor & delivery: see literature. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
CNS effects (eg, lightheadedness, confusion), cardiovascular effects (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, cardiovascular collpase), hypersensitivity reactions, headache, backache, nausea, increased creatinine phosphokinase.
Multi-dose vial (10mL, 20mL)—1, 5
Multi-dose vial (50mL)—1
MPF ampules (2mL, 5mL)—10
MPF ampules (30mL)—5
MPF single-dose vial (2mL, 5mL)—10
MPF single-dose vial (30mL, 50mL)—1
MPF Polyamp Duofit Sterile Pack (10mL, 20mL)—5
MPF Sterile Pack SD Vial (30mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy