ZANAFLEX CAPSULES Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tizanidine HCl 2mg, 4mg, 6mg; caps.
Indications for ZANAFLEX CAPSULES:
Muscle spasticity (due to its short duration of action reserve for when relief is most important).
Initially: usually 4mg, may increase by 2–4mg as needed every 6–8 hrs to a max of 3 doses in 24hrs; max 12mg/dose and 36mg/day. Renal impairment (CrCl <25mL/min): reduce dose. May sprinkle contents of capsules on applesauce (may affect absorption). Tabs and caps not bioequivalent under fed conditions. See literature.
Concomitant fluvoxamine, ciprofloxacin.
Hepatic dysfunction. Monitor ophthalmic and liver function (aminotransferases at baseline, 1, 3, 6 months, then periodically) and for orthostatic hypotension. Renal dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid other α2-agonists (eg, clonidine). Hypotension possible with other antihypertensives. Avoid concomitant use with other CYP1A2 inhibitors (eg, amiodarone, mexiletine, propafenone, verapamil, cimetidine, famotidine, other fluoroquinolones, oral contraceptives, acyclovir, ticlopidine, zileuton); if clinically necessary, use caution. May potentiate CNS depression with alcohol, baclofen, benzodiazepines, other CNS depressants.
Dry mouth, somnolence, asthenia, dizziness, UTI, constipation, liver injury or elevated liver enzymes, vomiting, speech disorder, blurred vision, dyskinesia, nervousness, pharyngitis, hypotension, bradycardia, hallucinations/psychosis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma