Generic Name and Formulations:
Miglustat 100mg; caps.
Indications for ZAVESCA:
Mild to moderate type 1 Gaucher disease when enzyme replacement therapy is not feasible.
≥18yrs: 100mg 3 times daily; may reduce to 100mg once or twice daily if diarrhea or tremor occurs. Mild renal impairment (CrCl 50–70mL/min): 100mg twice daily. Moderate renal impairment (CrCl 30–50mL/min): 100mg once daily. Severe renal impairment: not recommended.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Perform neurological evaluations at baseline, then periodically at 6-month intervals. Reevaluate and consider discontinuation if signs/symptoms of peripheral neuropathy develop (eg, numbness, tingling). GI disease (eg, inflammatory bowel). Use effective methods of contraception during therapy; men should maintain contraception for 3 months after treatment. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May antagonize imiglucerase.
Glucosylceramide synthase inhibitor.
Diarrhea, weight loss, tremor, flatulence, abdominal pain, GI disturbances, weakness, headache, dizziness, paresthesia, cramps, thrombocytopenia, reduced spermatogenesis, peripheral neuropathy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma