Generic Name and Formulations:
Ceftolozane, tazobactam; 1.5g/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free; contains sodium chloride 487mg/vial.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ZERBAXA:
Susceptible complicated intra-abdominal infections in combination with metronidazole and complicated urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis.
Give by IV infusion over 1 hour. ≥18yrs (CrCl >50mL/min): complicated intra-abdominal infections: usually 1.5g every 8hrs for 4–14 days with IV metronidazole 500mg every 8hrs; complicated urinary tract infections: 1.5g every 8hrs for 7 days. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–50mL/min): 750mg every 8hrs; (CrCl 15–29mL/min): 375mg every 8hrs; ESRD on hemodialysis: 750mg loading dose, followed by 150mg maintenance dose every 8hrs for remainder of treatment (give on dialysis days).
<18yrs: not established.
Cephalosporin, penicillin, or other beta-lactam allergy.
Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity reactions occur. Moderate or severe renal impairment; monitor renal function daily and adjust dose. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Cephalosporin + beta-lactamase inhibitor.
Nausea, diarrhea, headache, pyrexia, constipation, insomnia, vomiting; C. difficile-associated diarrhea, anaphylaxis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC