Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine HCl (as monohydrate) 0.5mg/device; pwd for intradermal inj.
Indications for ZINGO:
To provide local analgesia prior to venipuncture in adults and children or peripheral IV cannulation in children.
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: not established. ≥3yrs: Use only on intact skin. Apply one 0.5mg dose to the planned procedure site 1–3 mins before needle insertion; may repeat once at new site after initial attempt failed. Multiple administrations to same site: not recommended.
Avoid eyes, body orifices, mucous membranes or areas with a compromised skin barrier. Severe hepatic disease or pseudocholinesterase deficiency. Bleeding tendencies or platelet disorders: higher risk of superficial dermal bleeding. Risk of methemoglobinemia (esp. in G6PD deficiency, congenital or idiopathic methemoglobinemia, cardiac or pulmonary compromise, infants <6 months of age, concurrent exposure to oxidizing agents or metabolites); monitor. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Local anesthetic (amide-type).
Increased risk of methemoglobinemia when concurrently exposed to nitrates/nitrites, local anesthetics, antineoplastic agents, antibiotics, antimalarials, anticonvulsants, others.
Application-site reactions (eg, erythema, petechiae, edema, pruritus), systemic reactions (eg, nausea, vomiting), dizziness.
Single-use device (disposable, needle-free)—12
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Clinical Applications of Liquid Biopsies in Cancer
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radical Prostatectomy Compared With Watchful Waiting in Localized Prostate Cancer
- Investigational Antiandrogen Drug Delays Metastasis in CRPC
- Treatment Guidelines in Cancer: Assessing Industry Influence on Recommendations
- American Society of Breast Surgeons Recommends Genetic Testing for All Patients With Breast Cancer
- No Benefit Seen From HSCT in Hypodiploid B-ALL
- Patients With CP-CML Deemed Less Likely to Continue Taking Generic Imatinib
- Opinion: Understanding the FDA's Take on Cannabidiol