Generic Name and Formulations:
Vorinostat 100mg; caps.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ZOLINZA:
Refractory cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.
Take with food. Swallow whole. 400mg once daily. If not tolerated, may reduce to 300mg once daily, then to 300mg once daily 5 days/week if needed. Continue until disease progression or not tolerated.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor for DVT, pulmonary embolism. Correct electrolyte disturbances before starting therapy. Maintain adequate hydration. Diabetes. Monitor CBC, platelets, blood glucose, serum creatinine, electrolytes (esp. potassium, calcium, magnesium) every 2 weeks for 1st 2 months, then monthly. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of thrombocytopenia and GI bleed with other HDAC inhibitors (eg, valproic acid). Concomitant warfarin: monitor PT, INR.
Histone deacetylase inhibitor.
GI upset, fatigue, chills; thrombocytopenia, anemia (may need to modify dose or discontinue); anorexia, dysgeusia, pulmonary embolism, DVT, hyperglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy