Generic Name and Formulations:
Vorinostat 100mg; caps.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ZOLINZA:
Refractory cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.
Take with food. Swallow whole. 400mg once daily. If not tolerated, may reduce to 300mg once daily, then to 300mg once daily 5 days/week if needed. Continue until disease progression or not tolerated.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor for DVT, pulmonary embolism. Correct electrolyte disturbances before starting therapy. Maintain adequate hydration. Diabetes. Monitor CBC, platelets, blood glucose, serum creatinine, electrolytes (esp. potassium, calcium, magnesium) every 2 weeks for 1st 2 months, then monthly. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Histone deacetylase inhibitor.
Increased risk of thrombocytopenia and GI bleed with other HDAC inhibitors (eg, valproic acid). Concomitant warfarin: monitor PT, INR.
GI upset, fatigue, chills; thrombocytopenia, anemia (may need to modify dose or discontinue); anorexia, dysgeusia, pulmonary embolism, DVT, hyperglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC