Generic Name and Formulations:
Vorapaxar 2.08mg (equivalent to 2.5mg of vorapaxar sulfate); tabs.
Indications for ZONTIVITY:
To reduce thrombotic cardiovascular events in patients with a history of myocardial infarction or with peripheral arterial disease.
2.08mg once daily. Use with aspirin and/or clopidogrel according to their indications or standard of care.
History of stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), or intracranial hemorrhage (ICH). Active pathological bleeding (eg, peptic ulcer, ICH).
Discontinue if stroke, TIA, or ICH occurs. Increased risk of bleeding (may be fatal). Consider underlying risk of bleeding before initiating (eg, older age, low body wt., reduced renal or hepatic function, history of bleeding disorders, concomitant certain medications). Hypotensive and has recently undergone coronary angiography, PCI, CABG or other surgeries: suspect bleeding and monitor. Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, clarithromycin, nefazodone, ritonavir, saquinavir, nelfinavir, indinavir, boceprevir, telaprevir, telithromycin, conivaptan). Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, carbamazepine, St. John’s wort, phenytoin). Avoid concomitant warfarin or other anticoagulants. Increased risk of bleeding with concomitant fibrinolytics, chronic NSAIDs, SSRIs, SNRIs.
Protease-activated receptor-1 (PAR-1) antagonist.
Bleeding (may be fatal), anemia, depression, rashes, eruptions, exanthemas, iron deficiency, retinopathy or retinal disorder, diplopia/oculomotor disturbances.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma