Generic Name and Formulations:
Loteprednol etabonate 0.5% + tobramycin 0.3%, oph susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Bausch & Lomb Inc.
Indications for ZYLET:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection or risk thereof.
Instill 1–2 drops into the conjunctival sac of affected eye(s) every 4–6 hours; may increase to every 1–2 hours in first 24–48 hours; reduce dose as symptoms improve; max 20mL for first ℞. Reevaluate if no improvement after 2 days.
Ocular fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor IOP and for secondary infections and for cataracts in prolonged use (>10 days). Monitor blood levels in combined aminoglycoside therapy. Avoid abrupt cessation. Soft contact lenses (remove during therapy). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Steroid + aminoglycoside.
Secondary ocular infections, injection, superficial punctate keratitis, increased IOP, ocular discomfort (eg, burning, stinging, itching, discharge) visual/lacrimation/eyelid disorder, photophobia, corneal deposits, headache. May mask or exacerbate ocular infections. May delay wound healing and increase bleb formation after cataract surgery. In prolonged use: increased IOP, optic nerve damage, cataract formation, corneal perforation.
Susp—2.5mL, 5mL, 10mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma